CIREBON ELECTION: VILLAGE HEAD INTIMIDATED, VOTERS LIST CHANGED.
Image


Constitutional Court held a trial for Dispute over Election Result of Cirebon Regency, Friday (14/11), at the Plenary Court Room. This case was filed by candidate pair for Cirebon Regent and Vice, Djakaria Machmud and PRA Arief Natadiningrat (Damar) against Cirebon Election Commission.

In the trial for Case No. 30/PHPU-D-VI/2008, Petitioners Legal Counsel, R. Hikmat Prihadi, S.H. brought eight witnesses to support his claim that the election in Cirebon had violated the basic principles: direct, open, free, secret, honest, and fair.

Tawana, a witness from Suranggala village, said that in the voting center where he became the witness, Head of Suranggala Village named Rakida organized more than five of his people to choose candidate No.2, Dedi Supardi-Ason Sukasa. “The Head of Village took voters, especially women and senior citizens, to the voting chamber. Then he directed the voters to choose candidate No.2 and kept his eye on the process until the voters came out of the chamber,” told Tawana.

Apart from Tawana, Head of Branch Management Board of Justice and Prosperous Party in Weru District, Hasan Ashari also revealed that in his District there was a change on the fixed Voters List which had been legalized.

“On last August 6, I with the Head of Branch Management Board of other parties signed the Voters List and its transcript of proceeding. However, on September 13 I received a short message telling that there had been a change in the List by additional voters in Karangsari and Wurung as many as 49 people,” explained Hasan.

He continued by telling the Court that he had never signed the change in the List and its transcript of proceeding until now. Then he followed up the incident by coming to the Head of District Electoral Team and asking complete data about the change in the List. “There I knew that the change in the List was done in September 2. However, in the list of names that have been changed was written August 3,“ explained Hasan Ashari.

Before closing the trial, Head of Justice Panel Board, Arsyad Sanusi, scheduled the next trial on Friday (17/11) to hear Information from Witnesses of the Petitioners side. (Kencana Suluh Hikmah)

Foto: Dok. Humas MK/Andhini SF

Translated by Yogi Djatnika / MK


Friday, November 14, 2008 | 18:15 WIB 218